Medusa, Halloween 2015

Medusa_Headpiece_6

 

At London Zoo myself and the team always dress up for our work day at Halloween and this year I decided to create a Medusa costume. I did some research and most liked an idea I found on this site http://aranamuerta.com/

I adapted it and, although I think Angie’s is better, I liked the result. I wore a cobra morph suit underneath a metallic skirt and boots and did green make-up with gems – it looked quite futuristic. The kids at the Zoo loved it and I think it added to the atmosphere of their visit.

I made the frame around my head with garden wire and stitched on a green necklace ‘trim’. I covered it with black felt. I then used Tubular Crinoline for the snake bodies ( http://www.cyberloxshop.co.uk/tubular-crin/ ), and threaded them onto protruding wires. The snake heads were cut out of a car sponge which I sprayed with gold and black spray paint. I stuck on red gems for the eyes and pushed them onto the wires, stitching the crin to the foam to make them more secure.

Here’s some pictures of the headpiece in progress and then the final costume with my colleagues at work then the after party:

Medusa_Headpiece_1

Medusa_Headpiece_3

Medusa_Headpiece_2

Medusa_Headpiece_5

Medusa_Headpiece_4

Medusa_Headpiece_7

 

Medusa_Headpiece_9

Medusa_Headpiece_8

Medusa_Headpiece_10

Hope you all had a great Halloween!!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: