Why Am I Pouring Myself A Shot In A Furry Hat?? 6 Awards From You Lovely People, That’s Why! Cheers!!!
Firstly I want to express my gratitude to EVERYONE who has been kind enough to ‘like’ my posts and leave comments about my work, I didn’t anticipate such support but it has been most happily received!! Writing is a bit scary for me but here goes….
So, for Genuine Blogger, Versatile Blogger, Kreativ Blogger and Blog on Fire awards the ‘rules,’ should you choose to accept, are……
1. Thank and link to the person who awarded you (you are allowed to be as gushing with this as takes your fancy!)
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to more blogging friends.
4. Contact those friends with the link and congratulate them!
5. Post your award with pride.
HERE ARE MY FACTS:
1. Age 7 was a bad year for losing ‘bits’ off me – my sparring partner chipped one of my front teeth in Taekwondo and I had my tonsils out.
2. I had a chocolate-loving pet rat called Rommel when I was about 13. When he died I burried him in the garden with a drawing and poem I wrote and planted a white Buddleia tree there (because he was white and the blue one we had attracted so many butterflies I knew it would be beautiful) My dad wanted to dig him up once he decomposed to reassemble his bones as a project but I said no.
3. I won 3rd prize in a WHSmiths pop-up ‘jungle’ card competition when I was 8 and met Bob Holness (of Blockbusters fame) and Jane Asher (making cakes fame?). I won £300 of WHSmith’s vouchers for my school and £100 for me but my mum made me buy a typewriter. I was so happy to have won something. The typewriter was a piece of s**t though (sorry mum 😉 )
4. Green is my favourite colour to wear – especially Emerald, Jade and Teal varieties.
5. I like face-painting. A lot.
6. I am very passionate, sometimes to my detriment. I always stand up for my friends and the things I believe in. I always see the best in people. Everybody has good in them. That said, I don’t let people take advantage of my good nature either. I can be tough if I need to be 😉
7. This might be controversial but I have never rated fish as a pet – I would rather a Lava Lamp!
HERE ARE MY SINCERE THANK YOU’S FOR THESE 4 AWARDS:
Thank you to both Suzanne http://awindowintothewoods.com/ (a loving look at her world of woodland wonders) and Ann Novek http://havehest.wordpress.com/ (inspirational in her work for animal rights and shows us why we should protect the natural world) for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award!! Made me very happy!
Thank you to sweetest Nia http://photographyofnia.com/ (glimpses of the loveliest things in life, beautiful photographs and a view of life that could warm the coldest heart) for for deeming me worthy of two awards! Genuine Blogger and Blog on Fire! I feel thoroughly spoilt 🙂
Thank you Scott Brill http://seekraz.wordpress.com/ (Brill by name, brill by nature 😉 Just the best images, especially his fabulously frosty photos and he just seems like a really nice guy, I’m glad to have ‘met’ him) for the Kreativ Blogger Award! Woop woop!
VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD GOES TO:
Kenneth Todd – http://gaia365.wordpress.com/ (Ken you were my first ever follower, oh how I smiled that day)!
Karin – http://karinbabin.wordpress.com/
Dianne – http://diannejwilson.wordpress.com/
Manipal – http://manipalphotoblog.wordpress.com/
Vicky – http://vcagross.wordpress.com/
Michael – http://blissfuladventurer.wordpress.com
Francis – http://niltsi.com/
Bonnie Michelle – http://theirisandthelily.wordpress.com/
Dan Miller – http://mydaysinfocus.com/
KREATIV BLOGGER AWARD GOES TO:
Russell – http://russellchapman.wordpress.com/
Stevie – http://steviegill.wordpress.com/
A Hardy Perspective – http://ahardyperspective.wordpress.com/
Shutterbug – http://travellingartist.wordpress.com/
Suren – http://surensmart.wordpress.com/
Bashar – http://2riversphotos.wordpress.com/
BLOG ON FIRE AWARD GOES TO:
Mark Armstrong – http://markarmstrongillustration.com/ (This man has had me laughing out loud on the tube – people give me funny looks – it’s embarrassing quite frankly. He is always on fire 😉 )
Maen Amor – http://maenamor.wordpress.com/
Madhu – http://theurgetowander.com
Dolly – http://allaboutlemon.com
Eazy – http://emaculent.wordpress.com/ (Good photography – even if he does say so himself 😉 )
Mick – http://mickaslin.com/
Lorna – http://lornastearoomdelights.wordpress.com/ (Because I too love tea and cake!)
Scott – http://seekraz.wordpress.com
David – http://davidohall.wordpress.com/
Joshi – http://joshidaniel.com/
GENUINE BLOGGER AWARD GOES TO:
Dug – http://www.tr4f.wordpress.com/ (Dug has been on some incredible adventures to raise money for the victims of human trafficking. Inspirational)
Robyn – http://throughthehealinglens.com/ (Such a warm and honest person, also very inspirational in her story)
Lionel – http://spiderpaw.wordpress.com/ (Great photography and stories)
Lemonyshots – http://lemonygregghead.wordpress.com/
Suzanne – http://awindowintothewoods.com
Wolke’s Welt – http://wolke205.wordpress.com/
Taking Snaps – http://takingsnaps.wordpress.com
DOLLY YOU ROCK!
Thank you to the lovely Dolly http://allaboutlemon.com/ (a kind, caring and sharing kinda girl with a heart of gold and a blog as bright and fun as you could hope for) for giving me the Creative Chaos Award – I squealed with joy at this one! Plus it looks so damn cool…too cool for me I think haha.
Now for the ‘rules’ in accepting the Creative Chaos Award……As rather wonderfully written by the Delicious Dolly herself….
2. You must tell why you look at the “glass half full” scenario and ask “what? No coffee?”
3. Complete any one of the following essay questions:
A. You find yourself in a desolate place when your car breaks down. You have no cell phone service, no Walmart (I know, GASP, right?), and only a candy bar for food. It is 150 miles to the closest town. What color are your pants and why?
B. You find yourself having to ride an elevator quite frequently. How do you pass the time to show off your creativity?
4. Then you are to nominate 5 random people and let them know.
5. Make sure to show proper gratitude to the person who nominated you whether that is to shower them with gifts, prizes, and cash or to see that they are put into a clown costume and photographed for internet mocking.
6. Make sure to post the award somewhere other than the underside of the toilet seat.
-I have been known to wake up in the dead of night and eat cookies by the side of the bed without even getting up / turning on the the lights – as a charming ex-housemate said I’m a ‘fat girl inside’ haha
-I am a magpie. If its sparkly, bright, patterned, unusual, impractical, pretty, transparent, ridiculous, fun or frivilous – I want it. Whatever it is. One day I will be on one of those hoarding programmes on channel 4. Oh, and I’m a sucker for a bargain. Especially Primark pants.
-Dancing on the shop floor to pass the time and entertain the customers (no wonder my cheap ‘bargain’ shoes don’t last long)!
2. Glass half full?
-I must confess I don’t ‘get’ this question but I think it means how I see things positively when they could be seen negatively so….I’m always running late for work (literally) which extends to sprinting up the escalators in the tube stations so although I am bad at being punctual, at least my legs will be ready to see the light of day come summer due to this coincidently being great exercise!!!
3. The amazing essay question
-I choose B – my pants are polkadot…..because it’s hard to be angry when you’re wearing polkadots…..
4. FOR THE CREATIVE CHAOS AWARD I NOMINATE:
El Guapo – http://guapola.wordpress.com
Ralphie – http://ralphiesportal.me/
Greg – http://gregpc.wordpress.com/
Oleg Ti – http://olegti.wordpress.com/
Richard Guest – http://thefutureispapiermache.wordpress.com/
….AND LAST BUT BY NO MEANS LEAST
I would like to thank Madhu http://www.theurgetowander.wordpress.com/ (she takes us with her on her amazing travels with beautiful photographs and insights – wonderful stuff!) for the Liebster Blog Award, so kind of you Madhu!
As Dolly (http://allaboutlemon.com) told us Liebster is German for ‘Dearest’ or ‘Beloved’ and also ‘Favourite’.
There are no rules for this one – just to pass it on to 5 fellow bloggers and congratulate them. It’s designed to get the word out for bloggers with 200 or less followers.
Of course I do not know if this is the case with my nominees but they are definitely worthy of attention so here goes….
Unspoken Heart – http://alphaqsecc.wordpress.com/
Kabrina – http://notmanhattan.wordpress.com/
Lightswimming – http://lightswimming.com/
Kenny Williams – http://kennywilliamsphotography.wordpress.com/
Anteneh – http://antenehseifu.wordpress.com/about/
Special mention: The wickedly wonderful Androgoth – he won’t take any awards but though he has a fierce exterior he is all mashmellowy inside. Be delighted by his Gothic Realm if you dare! http://andro51.wordpress.com/
I think I need another drink after all that 🙂 🙂